The UFC just wrapped up one of its most stacked cards of the year and another mega event is right around the corner, but president Dana White is already looking to add more star power to the docket.
Speaking to TMZ Sports this past weekend, White was asked about the status of former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar and whether the 40-year-old plans to make the move back to the Octagon after he is done performing for the WWE.
“Brock’s WWE deal is up at the end of the summer I think and I know he wants to fight so I’m sure we’ll end up getting that figured out,” White said.
When Francis Ngannou was mentioned as a possible opponent, White brought up another intriguing matchup that has been bandied about in recent years.
“(Ngannou)’s a fine fight, absolutely,” White said. “There’s a lot of options. Jon Jones is very interested in Brock Lesnar and Brock is very interested in Jon Jones.”
Last year, a buzz began to spread that Lesnar and Jones, two of the biggest stars in UFC history, would be interested in fighting one another and the former light heavyweight champion let it be publicly known that he wanted a piece of Lesnar following his fight with Daniel Cormier at UFC 214.
MIC DROP TO THE UMPTEENTH DEGREE FROM @JonnyBones #JonBonesJones #UFC214 pic.twitter.com/Gaha3QzA0e
— UFC (@ufc) July 30, 2017
“Brock Lesnar, if you want to know what it feels like to get your ass kicked by a guy who weighs 40 pounds less than you, meet me in the Octagon,” Jones said.
Unfortunately for both men, pairing the two up has become a logistical nightmare given Lesnar’s current run with the WWE and Jones potentially facing a lengthy suspension after failing a drug test for the second time (unresolved issues with the USADA may also complicate Lesnar’s UFC comeback attempts).
Still, should the cards fall just right for all the parties involved, White is certainly interested in booking the fight.
“Oh yeah,” White said. “Lesnar vs. [Jones]? They both want it. It’s a fun fight.”
Full Story Via MMA Fighting – All Posts