Don’t get too excited about Nick Diaz’s return to the UFC just yet.
A day after Cesar Gracie told BJPenn.com that UFC president Dana White had offered Diaz a return UFC fight, White told MMAFighting.com on Thursday the opposite.
“Nobody at the UFC talked to Gracie or anyone else that reps Nick,” White wrote via text message.
In response to a text message asking who the UFC offered Diaz, Gracie told MMAFighting.com Wednesday night, “Can’t tell you.”
Diaz said he was leaving MMA after his March loss to Georges St-Pierre, unless he was offered a rematch against St-Pierre or a fight against Anderson Silva. However, White said earlier this month following UFC 162 that Diaz has leaning towards returning to the UFC.
The 29-year-old Diaz (26-9, 1 NC) is 1-2 since returning to the UFC in 2011.
Full Story Via MMA Fighting – All Posts